Director of Youth Ministries
Part-time position at 25 to 30 hrs per week, including Sundays and some weeknights.
Possible opportunity for full-time status may be available with other duties added to role, as matched with giftings and necessity.
Reports to Lead Pastor.
The Director of Youth Ministries position is a part-time position (25 to 30 hours per week) responsible for leading our church youth program. The Youth Director will also participate as a member of the staff team to vision and strategically plan for the future of the church and develop disciples for Jesus.
- Strategically plan and oversee development of the youth ministry program, aligning it with our PAVC church vision and meeting the needs of youth growing up in Silicon Valley/Bay Area.
- Work closely with the current Youth Ministry Core Team which is made up of lay leaders.
- Oversee selection, development, and implementation of youth curriculum - to include fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism, as well as provide hands-on ministry and mission opportunities both within and outside the church.
- Lead implementation of youth group church worship services, and other youth activities throughout the year, including but not limited to retreats, missions trips, and fundraising events.
- Recruit, train and support adult volunteers.
- Proactively communicate and work with parents in a way that encourages partnership and involvement.
- Assist in the development and oversight of the youth ministry budget.
- Seek to integrate youth ministry into all phases of church life to create a culture that is intentionally intergenerational and multicultural, striving to unite with and complement other church ministries.
- Prioritize making strong connections with students to express and model the love of Jesus to them and inspire them to a deeper faith, understanding and trust in God.
- Previous pastoral experience or significant lay leadership experience within youth ministries context is required. Clear calling to pastor youth, with experience and references to support it.
- Seminary/Bible college degree in Youth Ministry is not required, but it is a definite plus.
- Well-rounded biblical knowledge and spiritual gifting to lead and teach in a way that is personally relevant and compelling to youth.
- Able to lead independently but also work well on a team.
- Able to partner with pastors and other staff to accomplish overall church vision.
- Passionate about reaching the Silicon Valley/Bay Area’s youth. An understanding of the uniqueness of this area and genuine compassion for the youth that live in it.
- Experienced not only in training and leading youth within the church but also in reaching youth outside of the church context and leading them into it.
- Experiential knowledge of the Association of Vineyard Churches, its core values, and ministry philosophy. As a member of the staff team, you will need to show that you are in agreement with its theology and practice.
- Ability to clearly communicate the gospel message to youth.
- Ability to talk about real life issues and concerns and wisely guide youth in contextualizing them within their spiritual life.
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Committed to personal discipline and hard work.